Thursday, March 01, 2007

Waraku

Somebody is complaining I am posting too much FOOD on this blog... No CHOICE!! I am a foodie!! So LIVE WITH IT. Kekekeke! ^_-) Headed for dinner with Auntie Lollipop at this new shopping outlet after ViVo, The Central. We went to this Japanese restaurant, Waraku. I have heard about Waraku but have yet to been; so this is my first time. I would say it's quite a nice place serving reasonable good Japanese food at affordable price. As a matter of fact, the two of us only spent around $70 in total for our meals today. The service was rather aimable.... cos I encountered below...

There was a pair of Ah Sors seated beside us and they were creating a dim after ordering two Temaki sushi.

Ah Sor 1 : I want to complain your hand roll sushi not fresh.

Waiter : What's the problem, Madam? Can I help u?

Ah Sor 1 : You know when you bite the sushi, the seaweed will got a crunchy sound. This one doesn't have. *Proceed to demonstrate by biting a big chunck of the sushi*

Waiter : Sorry Madam, it might be because the seaweed is a little damp so there is no crunchy sound. So sorry about that.

Ah Sor 2 : Your kitchen prepared very early and then put outside very long then serve that's why not fresh.

Ah Sor 1 : I always eat Sushi, i bite i know already. NOT FRESH!!

Me (to self) : AH SOR, your sushi only $4.00 not $40.00 one pc. MAKE SO MUCH NOISE for what. And it's not sushi not fresh. The waiter is right that the seaweed is damp that's why no crunchy sound. You come from Mountain or valley har?

Waiter : So sorry about that. Let me change your sushi for you.

Ah Sor 1 and 2 still repeating the SAME story over and over again while the waiter took away the sushi.

Me (to self) : Ah Sor, the whole restaurant knows your SUSHI cannot produce crunchy sounds already. Can you just shut your mouth!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Minutes later, the Manager returned with a new sushi and served to Ah Sor 1 and apologising for the poor service. Ah Sor 1 took a bit of the Sushi, causing a BIG CRUNCHY SOUND!!

Ah Sor 1 : See!! This is what I said GOT CRUNCHY SOUND!!

Manager : wow! Amazing. I didn't know that.

Me (to self) : Aiyo. Ah Sor, you are sooooooooooooooooooooo very mountain turtle.

Manager left and AH Sor 1 repeatedly demonstrating to Ah Sor 2, the crunchy sound of the temaki with her every Bite. DAMN DISGUSTING!!!! Reminded me so much of Mr & Mrs Crapaud. Anywhere putting that incident aside, we had the following for dinner.


Chawan Mushi



Unagi Yanagawa



Nagoya Miso Nikomi Kishimen



Katsu Curry Don

Uncle Lollipop dropped by and we had an additional dish - Beef Tongue; which fortunately I cant eat. Yikes!! Why would anyone want to eat tongue of an animal. YUCKY!!! Auntie and Uncle Lollipop found soooooooo very yummy. No thanks for Moi. =P


Gyu Tongue Shioyaki

Erm... of course not forgetting the dessert, Auntie Lollipop and myself shared a Macha Ice Cream Cake. The ice cream was not too sweet and creamy and tasted really nice.


It's a place I will definitely go back again. To those who wanted to drop by, it's better to make reservation cos it's really very, very crowded.

Waraku Japanese Restaurant
6 Eu Tong Sen Street
#03-89/97/98 The Central
Singapore 059817
Tel : 6327-8860

Opening hours
Daily 11:30am - 11pm

4 comments:

Junyong Chong said...

I got complained to your sister =)

Twin 1 said...

O....You another one. Tsk! Tsk! *wag finger* ;-) Kekekeke! Hey, thanks for reading. nice meeting u on blog.

Junyong Chong said...

Haha, nice to meet you too.

Have you post food that cook by you? hehe

Anonymous said...

Of cos lah. I am a "super" cook leh. GO find. Kakakaka! I read your blog too. Hahaha!! That's why i found the cute dolls.

Post a Comment