Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Asian Kitchen

This is one of my usual lunch hunt that I will frequent 2 or 3 times per month. Since today I went there for lunchie with my colleagues, I decided to blog about the food. Heehee! I can hear all of your tummies' rumbling already. kekeke! The price is relatively cheap when you want to go for a nicer place with better ambience to share dim sum, shanghai-ness noodle, fried rice etc. The food is not too bad but be sure you arrive before 12:10pm before the queue start forming.


Xiao long bao (literally translated as "little basket bun"; also known as soup dumpling)

The good taste of Xiao long bao lies in the soup inside the dumpling so be sure, to have a spoon to hold on to your dumpling.


Ngor Hiang



Fried Pork Dumplings (Gyoza)



Dou Miao



Jia Jiang Mian



Fried Rice with Pork Chop

The pork chop taste really nice, crispy and tender so do try this one out. of course i must have my dessert. ;-) The fried ice cream's standard seems to drop... it used to taste much better. =( Yesterday I also did had dinner at this same place but in another food shop called d-Coffeeshop. It's slightly higher than food-court price with restaurant ambience. I had hainanese Pork chop rice at $6.50 and the taste was not too bad plus Kopi-C at $1.20.


Dessert - Fried ice cream



(1) The Asian Kitchen by Vientai
9 Raffles Place
#B1-01 Republic Plaza
Tel: 6438 3819

Opening Hours
Mon-Fri: 10am - 9pm
Sat: 10am - 2pm
Sun: Closed

(2) d-Coffeeshop Pte. Ltd.
#B1-06 Republic Plaza
Tel : 6534 5958

No comments:

Post a Comment